The retro-classic style platformer follows a whimsical Knight’s quest to locate Melusina, mermaid and love interest, that the former happens to scare away by a bout of bad gas. With 8-bit graphics and a fitting chiptune score by Saskrotch, players can expect none of the features à la XP, backtracking and grinding that characterizes most modern ‘retro’ games. Tight gameplay and wonderful visuals make Sigi a light-hearted and loving 8-bit adventure to enjoy.
‘Sigi in three words? Simple, silly and fun.’ describes developer Sebastian Kostka of pixel.lu. ‘Today’s games can be pretty tedious; a longing for the simple joys of yesteryear’s action games is what originally motivated Sigi’s creation, and it is what’s driving the console releases as well.’
- Four Replayable Stages of Twenty Levels that may seem like a breeze to the classic platform junkie yet challenging for the casual player.
- Secret Caverns and other obvious locales of loot, long forgotten artifacts, coins and irrelevant letters to collect.
- Unforgiving Bosses with preposterous minions that punish you for making light of Sigi’s digestive woes.
- Medieval-era Weaponry. Like Chicken Drumsticks, obviously.
- Loads of achievements to unlock, for the best players out there.
- A great chiptune Soundtrack by Saskrotch, known for his Nintendo Breakz and live performances.
Sigi - Launch Trailer — YouTube
Logo & Icon
- Video Policy
- pixel games allows for the audiovisual contents of Sigi to be published through video broadcasting platforms for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Sigi is legally allowed by pixel games. However, please note that we reserve the right to remove racist, sexist, homophobic, or offensive content, which uses our intellectual property, for any reason and on a case by case basis. .
About pixel games SARL-S
- pixel games is a pixel sized independent development studio based in Luxembourg, focused on creating classic, pickup and play, pixel art games for modern consoles.
- More information
- More information on pixel games SARL-S, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Sigi - A Fart for Melusina Credits
- Sebastian Kostka
- Artist, Developer
- Benjamin Specklin
- Cover illustrator
- Music composer
- Evgeniy Kolpakov
- Console versions