A bunch of unsuspecting adventurers set off to explore the volcanic caves of Mount Yukata, situated at the heart of a mysterious jungle. Unfortunately, their plane disappeared from the radar before reaching its destination. No one knows what has become of them, and even worse, no one dares to find out: Legend has it, Mount Yukata is home to a monstrous giant slug going by the name of Gargantella. On a do-it-yourself rescue mission to locate and save the stranded explorers, you, Bobby Bombastic, set off into the jungle with nothing but your home built heli-backpack, a laser blaster and a couple of explosives.
Bobby Bombastic, a 2D pixel art arcade adventure, was initially inspired from the 1984 Activision classic H.E.R.O. where the player, with his helicopter backpack, saves lost miners in a vast complex of caves. The game has evolved quite a bit since then, but without forgetting its early roots.
- An original blend between platforming and exploration
- Vast and lonely places like caves, temples, mines and the jungle
- Use old minecarts to ride from one environment to the next
- Weird enemies and mysterious discoveries
- Worldwide leaderboards and achievements
Bobby Bombastic - Gameplay — YouTube
Logo & Icon
- Video Policy
- pixel games allows for the audiovisual contents of Bobby Bombastic to be published through video broadcasting platforms for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Bobby Bombastic is legally allowed by pixel games. However, please note that we reserve the right to remove racist, sexist, homophobic, or offensive content, which uses our intellectual property, for any reason and on a case by case basis. .
About pixel games SARL-S
- pixel games is a pixel sized independent development studio based in Luxembourg, focused on creating classic, pickup and play, pixel art games for modern consoles.
- More information
- More information on pixel games SARL-S, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Bobby Bombastic Credits
- Sebastian Kostka
- Artist, Developer
- Benjamin Specklin
- Cover illustrator
- Cătălin Chirilă
- Music composer